Morph Wheels, the first-ever foldable wheelchair wheel designed to make travel exponentially...
The SpoFit Aquatic Center re-opens March 16th!
For a calendar of aquatic classes offered at SpoFit, download the Program Calendar!
SpoFit Aquatic Center Information
Here is your guide for all things related to the SpoFit Aquatic Center. Below you can find out information about each of our three pools, as well as frequently asked questions, and rules for the aquatic area. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Lap Pool: (30’x 75’) Features an elevator lift, a hydraulic lift and a transfer station for entry. The pool depth ranges from 4’6″-10′. The deep end of pool is suitable for scuba training. The lap pool will be heated between 80-84 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Therapy Pool: (14’x 48’) Features an elevator lift, a hydraulic lift and transfer access. The pool depth ranges from 3′-5′. The therapy pool will be heated between 88-92 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spa: (14’ x 14’) Access with hydraulic lift and transfer access. The pool is 3′ deep. The spa will be heated to a maximum of 102 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Can I go swimming if I am incontinent or have urinary or bowel issues?
Yes, but you must wear a swim diaper, rubber or plastic undergarments specifically designed to retain urine and fecal matter.
No, you may run the risk of infection to the sore.
Yes, Children 8 years old and under must be with an adult at all times in the pool, preferably one adult per child. Children under 14 years of age must have adult supervision in the aquatic area.
No, we are a fitness center. We offer workout and movement programs to assist you in a creating healthy lifestyle. It is a good idea to speak with your doctor about a workout plan that you can implement at the gym or in the pool.
Please contact us so we can schedule a volunteer to assist you as necessary.
Please consult your doctor first. There is specialized equipment you can get to go in the water and swim, but only if your doctor approves it. Swimming with a tracheotomy can be very dangerous and lead to respiratory complications. Please consult your doctor before trying any of these devices.
SpoFit will not supply towels. Please bring your own towel.
Yes. We have some equipment here, but you may also bring your own.
- The pools are a latex-free environment. Please use swim caps and other equipment made of silicone, or other latex alternatives.
- Children under 14 must have adult supervision in aquatic area
- Children under 8 must have an adult with them in the water and be within arms length reach of the adult
- Members may be required to pass a swim test to swim unaccompanied
- Food and Drink are permitted ONLY in designated areas: lounge area and facility lobby. Unless approved by a manager for a special event, food is prohibited on the pool deck with the exception of glucose tablets, and water bottles.
- Glass is strictly prohibited in pool area
- Take a cleansing shower before entering the pool or after using the toilet
- You must dry off before re-entering the facility
- In the event of an emergency please clear the pool and move to the locker rooms or the emergency exits.
- ABSOLUTELY NO GUM IN THE POOL AREA!
- If incontinent, wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants or a swim diaper.
- Please ask Manager or Volunteer to use the wheelchair lift.
- Persons with sore or inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharges, boils or other acute or obvious skin or body infections, or cuts shall be excluded from the pool.
- No animals allowed except for service animals on the pool deck
- No drinks, candy, tobacco, popcorn, gum, alcohol, or food of any kind shall be permitted in the pool or within the required walkways of the pool.
- Keep gates closed. Do not prop open.
- Play it safe: No diving, No running, No roughhousing
- Children 14 and under are not allowed in the Spa.
- Pregnant women, elderly, and persons with medical issues should consult a physician before using the Spa.
- Do not exceed 15 minutes in the Spa.
- Please shower before using the Spa.
- Maximum Spa temperature is 104 degrees Fahrenheit.